Monday, February 8, 2010

About Me

Oddly enough, my formal education is not in computers at all, but rather in engineering. It all started back in sunny Southern California. For most of my childhood by home was one block from the beach in Carlsbad California. Yeah life was rough. Surfing was a serious distraction. In my early 20’s I had the good fortune of working at the world’s first boogie board factory. Tom Morey invented boogie boards right there in Carlsbad, and I was one of original production crew. I got to set up a production line at the boogie factory, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. So I did a bit of research and discovered that this type of work is called Industrial Engineering (IE). I managed to get myself enrolled in IE program at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where I learned many interesting new things about systems and processes. I also found out that I had an aptitude for computer programming, and became totally fascinated with computer systems and software development. As it turns out, I’ve spent most of my career working as a software developer and system architect. But the industrial engineer in me has always been fascinated with the process of designing and implementing computer-based solutions. After all, the process is so critical to the success of the outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment